Art Director with 1-2 years Experience
Phelps is looking for a thinker, a doer, an Art Director with 1-2 years of experience. This associate will be coming on board to service one of our agency’s largest accounts and partner with other brilliant creatives, web developers and account management teammates.
The ideal candidate has an incredible portfolio to humbly brag about, talent to “wow” the clients, and above all, a passion to learn and grow within an incredible team here at Phelps.
Here are the specifics:
This position requires 1-2 years experience with a focus on digital advertising, traditional deliverables and web design solutions.
Success in this role is defined by your ability to:
• Partner with multiple self-directed teams in developing effective offline and online direct response campaigns
• Help concept and design websites, rich media banner ads and promotional landing pages
• Build working prototypes of interactive concepts, whether they be for banner ads, website interaction design, mobile applications, or anything else in the digital space
• Create graphics standards for a brand and campaigns
• Ensure that project deliverables meet the needs of clients
• Inspire teammates and other agency associates with the power of your creativity, personality and work ethic. You will have proven ability for smart prioritization and an acute attention to detail.
To be considered for this role the candidate must be fluent with the following tools necessary to communicate your ideas:
Familiarity with the following tools is a plus:
• Rapid prototyping tools
• Email marketing software experience a plus
Education and Training:
A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design is preferred along with at least 1-2 years related experience in a creative design environment. You will have a basic understanding of CSS along with an advanced proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
A Better Way to Work. A Better Way to Live. Celebrated as one of L.A.’s “Best Places to Work” for seven years running. The only agency in L.A. in the top 15 on both the advertising and PR charts for 14 years. And 33 years as a truly integrated agency. Phelps threw out the old agency model years ago. Instead of “departments” competing with each other for our clients’ budgets, we’re organized in client-centric, self-managed teams thriving in a full-feedback environment where the best business-building ideas rule. Advertising, public relations, promotions specialists -- distributing our work via online and offline media -- all working together to collaborate, strategize and execute fully-integrated campaigns for socially responsible clients. It’s smarter. It’s powerful. It’s the edge we deliver.
Search Engine Optimization Specialist
Hi. We’re Phelps, an integrated marketing communications agency in Santa Monica, CA.
We’re seeking an experienced Search Engine Optimization Specialist
The person we hire for this role will be responsible for all aspects of optimizing our client’s interactive efforts for optimal search engine performance. The role encompasses aspects of strategy, content creation, and interactive development.
Plainly said, we’re looking for an SEO rock star.
As part of consideration for this role you must be willing to share case studies and results from past accounts and projects. Innovation and creativity are just as important to us as methodology and project lifecycle, so please keep that in mind.
Candidate should be prepared to speak to and provide examples of:
- Research techniques in staying on top of market trends
- SEO copywriting
- SEO architecture audits
- Strategies and techniques for identifying SEO opportunities, recommendations, and implementations
- Thorough understanding of interactive development best practices relating to SEO; and ability to work with a dev team in the implementation of SEO updates
- Understanding of the relationship between paid and organic search strategies and the ability to optimize the cross-channel mix
Responsibilities and Skill Set
- Oversight and management of onsite and offsite SEO resources
- Provide technical guidance and specification during the development of web sites and other online projects, in accordance with SEO best practices, for both client sites and in an advisory capacity agency-wide
- Staying abreast of (and sharing) changes and algorithm updates in the search industry
- Reporting to clients and upper management on KPI's and web analytics
- Knowledge of link building, social and local SEO
- Ability to develop and evangelize creative, design, and technical SEO specifications to be shared with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to develop internal programs to give visibility to technology/content stakeholders on current SEO initiatives
- Experience in partnering with data analyst to find areas of growth/improvement for SEO
- Ability to create SEO and web development proposals
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail; self-starter
- Proven understanding with skills in applying statistical analysis principles to business challenges.
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent with customer relationship management and able to upsell search services, both to clients and other agency stake holders
- Proven track record of successful SEO strategy and implementation (at least 3 years) for national brands, and on large sites with the goal of increasing sales and traffic
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of holistic search ranking factors and critical updates
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in Business, Computer Science or other relevant field
- Thorough technical know-how and understanding of SEO coding best practices and implementation as it relates to web site development
- Understanding of web server, analytics, and search engines technologies.
- Experience with content management/web production systems (CMS)
- Strong background in keyword research & ranking, site audit, and link building tools (e.g., Moz, Google's Keyword Planner, Wordtracker, Majestic SEO, Google Webmaster Tools, etc.), as well as other analytic platforms (Omniture Site Catalyst, Google Analytics
- Experience coordinating efforts across teams to drive execution.
- Ability to consult and problem-solve individual issues when needs arise.
- Exploit organic traffic growth and develop website to enhance process.
- Research and develop SEO best practices to identify new market opportunities and maximize traffic growth
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
A Better Way to Work. A Better Way to Live. Celebrated as one of L.A.’s “Best Places to Work” for five years running. The only agency in L.A. in the top 15 on both the advertising and PR charts for 14 years. And 33 years as a truly integrated agency. Phelps threw out the old agency model years ago. Instead of “departments” competing with each other for our clients’ budgets, we’re organized in client-centric, self-managed teams thriving in a full-feedback environment where the best business-building ideas rule. Advertising, public relations, promotions specialists -- distributing our work via online and offline media -- all working together to collaborate, strategize and execute fully-integrated campaigns for socially responsible clients. It’s smarter. It’s powerful. It’s the edge we deliver.
We're always looking for talented people to join our team. People like us, who have a passion to do great work for deserving clients in a healthy working environment, to realize our clients' goals and our potentials. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to join our Bench.