We’re looking for an Art Director who is focused on more than just aesthetics and making things “look good.” We’re looking for someone who understands how to solve our client’s business challenges with creative strategy that’s followed by smart, forward thinking, and solutions oriented creative. It’s more than an eye for surface level attractiveness; it’s a vision for problem solving that comes with passion fostered by experience.
This position requires about 5+ years experience with a focus on integrated advertising across both traditional and digital platforms. Your role will be to provide strategic input and delivery of the final creative solution. You will execute cross-platform strategies and content to support and validate the businesses, brands, and campaigns of our clients. The ideal candidate will have an excellent creative portfolio with inspired integrated campaigns.
Success in this role is defined by your ability to:
• Focus on thinking big and generating the big ideas
• Partner with multiple self-directed teams in strategizing and executing effective online and traditional campaigns
• Conceive brilliant new ways for users to interact with information via a digital interface
• Work closely with a UX/IA team to ensure proper translation of wireframes/IA and user interaction strategy
• Build working prototypes of interactive concepts, whether they be for banner ads, website interaction design, mobile applications, or anything else in the digital space
• Apply business insight and design skills to execute high-quality content delivery
• Ensure that project deliverables meet the needs of clients
• Inspire teammates and other agency associates with the power of your creativity, personality and work ethic. You will have proven ability for smart prioritization and an acute attention to detail.
To be considered for this role you must be fluent with the following tools necessary to communicate your ideas:
• Email marketing software experience
• Rapid prototyping tools
Education and Training:
Integrated Media Planner
Phelps is currently seeking an experienced media planner, with 3+ years of experience, to join a team of multi-media planning specialists. Qualified candidates have worked at an ad agency or media buying company with a desire to further their media planning knowledge, engage with deserving clients and help in the development and execution of plans that drive results.
• Contribution to development of strategies for integrated media planning (digital, broadcast, print, outdoor, other)
• Works within a team to develop detailed media plans to include objectives, strategies, evaluation criteria, recommendations, testing and metrics implementation
• Monitors and maintains all aspects of media plan on a daily basis such as flowcharts, budgets, performance metrics, and client invoicing.
• Client contact and follow-through
• Acts as coach and mentor to junior staff
• Commitment to the Phelps corporate culture - task forces, cross training, continued education participation
• Bachelors Degree with 3+ years of Media Planning experience
• Some familiarity with all media vehicles (digital, broadcast, print, out-of-home, guerilla)
• Thorough understanding and ability to teach media concepts (especially with regard to digital media)
• Planning and broadcast buying experience a plus
• Talent for thinking strategically
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work with external suppliers and in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong math skills including experience with Excel and ability to analyze ROI data
• Computer proficiency mandatory including MS Office Suite
• Experience with media planning & buying/research software including Strata, Telmar, Nielsen Products, Comscore, DoubleClick DART
A Better Way to Work. A Better Way to Live. Celebrated as one of L.A.’s “Best Places to Work” for seven years running. The only agency in L.A. in the top 15 on both the advertising and PR charts for 14 years. And 34 years as a truly integrated agency. Phelps threw out the old agency model years ago. Instead of “departments” competing with each other for our clients’ budgets, we’re organized in client-centric, self-managed teams thriving in a full-feedback environment where the best business-building ideas rule. Advertising, public relations, promotions specialists -- distributing our work via online and offline media -- all working together to collaborate, strategize and execute fully-integrated campaigns for socially responsible clients. It’s smarter. It’s powerful. It’s the edge we deliver.
We offer a range of progressive workplace benefits, including: reimbursement for education classes and programs; ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan); telecommuting; pet-friendly work environment; green workplace program; full-feedback environment; competitive pay and health benefits; weekly educational seminars; and hosted lunch twice a week.
Team Manager (Sr. Account Executive)- Bilingual is a plus
Phelps is looking for a talented mid-level (3 to 7 years) Account Manager with a background in integrated campaigns across traditional and non-traditional media programs, including experiential, TV & Radio, Digital/Social, OOH, and Print who will provide strategic thinking, excellent client service and account management. Bilingual in Spanish is a huge plus for this particular role.
The individual will manage the administration of client assignments on a day-to-day basis.
Major responsibilities also include planning, analyzing, evaluating information and agency output relevant to agreed-upon client needs. Candidate will also be responsible to coordinate and manage the activities necessary to meet client’s executional programs; ensure the smooth flow of work among agency teams; and coordinate preparation of media plans, research recommendations, and strategies.
Solid communication skills are essential to lead both agency and client status meetings in conjunction with being able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Individual must be energetic, highly motivated, a self-starter, and willing to succeed.
This is an opportunity to grow your career with one of the best IMC agencies in the nation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Build/maintain strong client relationships
• Dynamic, intuitive, a strategic thinker and strong team player
• Manage communications between clients, creative, and developers
• Understand and command agency procedures and requirements including status reports, performance metrics and analysis, estimates, production schedules, billing, website testing/QA
• Establish and manage timelines ensuring projects launch on-time and on-budget
• Create scope-of-work documents and estimates with team and coordinate client approvals
• Must have broad experience in multi-channel campaigns (Strong offline and online advertising experience a must)
• Experience in regulated industry categories a plus
Please include a brief cover letter with examples of projects you've managed and a copy of your resume as a PDF or Word doc.
A Better Way to Work. A Better Way to Live. Celebrated as one of L.A.’s “Best Places to Work” for six years running. The only agency in L.A. in the top 15 on both the advertising and PR charts for 14 years. And 34 years as a truly integrated agency. Phelps threw out the old agency model years ago. Instead of “departments” competing with each other for our clients’ budgets, we’re organized in client-centric, self-managed teams thriving in a full-feedback environment where the best business-building ideas rule. Advertising, public relations, promotions specialists -- distributing our work via online and offline media -- all working together to collaborate, strategize and execute fully-integrated campaigns for socially responsible clients. It’s smarter. It’s powerful. It’s the edge we deliver.
We're always looking for talented people to join our team. People like us, who have a passion to do great work for deserving clients in a healthy working environment, to realize our clients' goals and our potentials. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to join our Bench.