You thrive off of simplification. You can take the most convoluted concepts and communicate them in a clear, concise and dare we say it, compelling way. Our client, a major national corporation, is developing an internal application and we need help converting their business goals into easily digestible content, without compromising their brand voice.
We are Phelps, an Integrated Marketing Communications company located just nine blocks from the beautiful Santa Monica Coastline on Wilshire Blvd. We specialize in communicating to consumers across all vehicles such as brand strategy, Public Relations, Social Media, Creative, Media Strategy and Digital Production.
We are currently seeking a Web/Application Content Writer to work with our team of Interactive Specialists. Over a three-month period, this candidate will play a major role in creating the content for a custom enterprise-level application with high visibility across the entire operation of a major corporation. This role is crucial in establishing fluid communication from the application to the user, as well as supporting brand voice to the internal staff that interacts with the end customer.
The desired candidate is a strong writer and editor with experience developing application content and optimizing content to achieve business goals.
The scope of this assignment is scheduled to last 4 to 6 months with a 20 hour-per-week on-site commitment.
The ideal candidate:
• Can assimilate and convey complex concepts in an easy-to-understand, concise and effective manner
• Thinks creatively about how to clearly communicate both technical concepts and sales process assistance to a base of users of varying levels of experience and comfort levels with technology
• Possesses excellent writing skills and has experience writing content for incorporation into an application
• Able to edit the writing of others for grammar, content and style of writing
• Can easily incorporate changes/feedback from multiple sources into documents
• Has the capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment
• Collaborates with other members of the project team (both at the agency and at the client) to achieve the best possible user experience
• Produces work in a timely and accurate manner to meet deadlines related to the application build
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-5 years of professional writing experience - specific writing for applications experience a definite plus
• Ability to work through ambiguity, prioritize, be flexible, and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Management is so much more than timelines, budgets, deadlines and spreadsheets. It’s about creating a product that’s in alignment with your client’s goal and vision. It’s about always thinking three steps ahead and planning for every possible scenario.
It’s about keeping your team on track for success. It’s about spearheading an end result that’s so awesome it impresses every stakeholder involved, and leaves them with a feeling of amazement.
Sound similar to your own Project Management mantra? Then please continue reading.
Phelps, an integrated marketing communications agency in Santa Monica, is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager to lead our largest, highly intricate and most challenging projects.
Who are we? We pride ourselves on our innovative structure, collaborative culture, and ability to deliver cross-channel solutions that exceed our clients' goals. We've been voted one of LA's "best places to work" seven years in a row.
Who is our ideal candidate:
• You thrive on the details. If you don’t have the details that you need, then you thrive on finding them
• You know all the questions that need to be asked… and not just the easy stuff.
• You think of stuff that nobody else thinks of.
• You eat, breathe, and sleep process, but are adaptable enough to plot a new course at a moment's notice if need be.
• You've built just about every possible thing that can be built within the interactive space, and are always aware of what's on the horizon… and are anxious to build that
• You're dialed in to what everybody else is doing, and you love figuring out how they went about building it.
• You've mastered the art of communication, translation, and dissemination of information amongst the members of your team
• You know how to lead, and you know how to empower people to go above and beyond.
• You never wait for somebody to tell you what to do next.
• You've already planned 12 steps ahead, and you know what needs to be done.
• You're planning for the worst-case scenario, while knowing how to deliver on time, and under budget.
• You listen as well as you communicate.
• You problem solve in your sleep.
• At least 5 - 7 years of experience with managing the development of enterprise-level web-based projects and applications, of an advanced technical nature.
• Candidate must be able to provide graphic and granular detail about their experiences with such projects
• Working knowledge of development process and techniques, especially as related to front end development (HTML5, CSS3, responsive design and frameworks, JS/JQuery, Flash), C#/.NET, MVC framework, PHP, Content Management Systems)
• The ability to create detailed documentation including business requirements, functionality specification, software requirements specification, information architecture, QA scripts and test plan, and scopes of work
• Expert knowledge of project management software (including but not limited to JIRA, MS Project, Omniplan, Basecamp, Teamwork PM, MS Excel, bug tracking platforms, etc)
This role will be responsible for managing the build of an enterprise level application that will interact with all departments of our client's business. Having experience with situations that closely resemble this scenario is a critical requirement
On a day to day basis this person will:
• Monitor all technical resources, both internal and external, engaged in the project directly and indirectly, especially on matters of scope, effort, progress, and deliverables.
• Provide day-to-day communications regarding development status with programming team, plus weekly updates on schedules, resources, risks, and issues to the Program Manager and Core Team.
• Identify and manage development (and future deployment) against key technical milestones, project dependencies and project resources
• Identify and escalate potential issues, developing mitigation options and executing selected resolutions
• Establish and maintain communication with each technical resource group (including the front/back-end developers, user experience specialists, creative team, QA Manager and testing team), and be aware of each group’s project-related responsibilities.
• Provide continuous technical support as directed by the Program Manager to assist in ensuring the project’s timely success.
• Vet/validate the project’s technical direction, progress estimations, and systems interaction expectations of all network/internet performance and data structure/coordination as appropriate.
• Provide technical oversight to and information on all technology-related tasks.
• Contribute to/review test plans, use cases, and software requirements specification documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
We are open to either full time or contract inquiries.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Media Trainee (Entry Level)
Phelps is currently looking for a Paid Media (Media Planning/ Buying) Entry Level Hire (Advertising).
We are a team-oriented Santa Monica agency with a great reputation and several quality clients. We’re the only marketing communications agency in Los Angeles to be ranked in the Top 10 for both advertising agencies and public relations firms by The Los Angeles Business Journal.
We are looking for a talented, organized and energetic candidate to work with us in paid media planning and buying. This is a great opportunity to learn all facets of media planning: digital, print, broadcast, for clients in retail, travel, healthcare and utility industries.
Description of the position: working with the paid media team to assist in different aspects of project execution and coordination for our clients. This may include preparing media authorizations, insertion orders, spreadsheets, compiling analysis, reports and proof of performance metrics; filing; researching; brainstorming concepts; running errands; trafficking interactive media. We also ask that all of our trainees participate in administrative duties on a rotational basis.
In your cover letter kindly indicate the hours you are available to work Monday through Friday, this is a full-day position with the intent to hire full-time.
Preferred qualifications: Bachelors’ degree. Excellent Word, Excel, Powerpoint skills; attention to detail; comfortable working with numbers/analysis; willingness to do what it takes to get the job done; team player; and organization, written/verbal skills a must. HTML and other web skills are a plus.
Social Media Specialist: 2-3 Yrs Experience
Phelps is looking to hire a Social Media Specialist who will help enhance our agency’s social media efforts for our deserving clients. This position encompasses more than generating daily Facebook and Twitter posts. This role is about defining our clients’ social media strategies, creating content that is fun and engaging and executing campaigns that ensure a consistent brand voice across all channels.
Our ideal candidate is not only passionate about social media and stays abreast of industry changes, but they love to write, get excited about creating visual content through photos and videos and are heavy social users in their spare time; they likely maintain a blog.
Candidates should have at least 2 to 3 years of experience working directly in a social media capacity for a brand or through an agency.
A Bachelors degree in Journalism, Public Relations or a related field is highly desirable.
Potential duties and responsibilities:
• Develop innovative tactics for social media promotions and engagement tactics as part of larger client marcomm efforts
• Proactively seek social media opportunities for new and existing clients
Develop outreach and execution strategies, which include
1. Creating and manage social editorial calendars; draft social media copy
2. Research and engage with online communities to promote client’s brand
3. Monitoring and reporting on performance of specific campaigns
4. Research and identify key influencers/bloggers and online media in specific verticals
• Work directly with Social Media Coach, Social Media Trainee and clients to ensure content is aligned with proposed strategy
• Manage content posted by internal teams and end users
• Help promote client events through social networking avenues
• Research emerging social media trends, tools and changes
• Stay abreast of industry news and trends; attend networking events on behalf of agency
A Better Way to Work. A Better Way to Live. Celebrated as one of L.A.’s “Best Places to Work” for five years running. The only agency in L.A. in the top 15 on both the advertising and PR charts for 14 years. And 34 years as a truly integrated agency. Phelps threw out the old agency model years ago. Instead of “departments” competing with each other for our clients’ budgets, we’re organized in client-centric, self-managed teams thriving in a full-feedback environment where the best business-building ideas rule. Advertising, public relations, promotions specialists -- distributing our work via online and offline media -- all working together to collaborate, strategize and execute fully-integrated campaigns for socially responsible clients. It’s smarter. It’s powerful. It’s the edge we deliver.
Advertising Account Management Trainee (Entry Level)
Phelps is looking for an Advertising Account Management Trainee (Entry Level Hire) to join our high performance team.
We are a team-oriented Integrated Marketing Communication agency in Santa Monica. We help our clients create and align a wide variety of brand communications. One proof of our success is that we’re the only agency to be ranked in the Top Ten for both advertising and public relations firms by The Los Angeles Business Journal.
We are looking for a talented, organized and energetic recent graduate to work with us and be exposed to all the functions of integrated account management.
Description of the opportunity: Assist in different aspects of project planning, execution and coordination for our clients. This may include preparing media authorizations, spreadsheets, marketing plans, new business presentations, competitive analysis reports, filing, research, brainstorming ad concepts, supplier coordination, developing cross-promotional ideas, proofreading, running errands, assisting in ad and collateral creation, word processing, assembling media kits, database development and updates, production traffic, interactive and web site coordination and development. We also ask that all of our trainees participate in administrative duties on a rotational basis.
Qualifications: Excellent Word, PowerPoint, Excel skills, attention to detail, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, organization, excellent written/verbal skills.
To be considered for this role candidates must have previous internship or work experience within a marketing or advertising agency.
A Better Way to Work. A Better Way to Live. Celebrated as one of L.A.’s “Best Places to Work” for six years running. The only agency in L.A. in the top 15 on both the advertising and PR charts for 14 years. And 34 years as a truly integrated agency. Phelps threw out the old agency model years ago. Instead of “departments” competing with each other for our clients’ budgets, we’re organized in client-centric, self-managed teams thriving in a full-feedback environment where the best business-building ideas rule. Advertising, public relations, promotions specialists -- distributing our work via online and offline media -- all working together to collaborate, strategize and execute fully-integrated campaigns for socially responsible clients. It’s smarter. It’s powerful. It’s the edge we deliver.
We offer a range of progressive workplace benefits, including: reimbursement for education classes and programs; ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan); telecommuting; pet-friendly work environment; green workplace program; full-feedback environment; competitive pay and health benefits; weekly educational seminars; and hosted lunch twice a week.
Team Manager (Advertising AE/ Account Supervisor)
Phelps is looking for a talented mid-level (3 to 7 years) Account Manager with a background in integrated campaigns across traditional and non-traditional media programs, including experiential, TV & Radio, Digital/Social, OOH, and Print who will provide strategic thinking, excellent client service and account management.
The individual will manage the administration of client assignments on a day-to-day basis.
Major responsibilities also include planning, analyzing, evaluating information and agency output relevant to agreed-upon client needs. Candidate will also be responsible to coordinate and manage the activities necessary to meet client’s executional programs; ensure the smooth flow of work among agency teams; and coordinate preparation of media plans, research recommendations, and strategies.
Solid communication skills are essential to lead both agency and client status meetings in conjunction with being able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Individual must be energetic, highly motivated, a self-starter, and willing to succeed.
• Build/maintain strong client relationships
• Dynamic, intuitive, a strategic thinker and strong team player
• Manage communications between clients, creative, and developers
• Understand and command agency procedures and requirements including status reports, performance metrics and analysis, estimates, production schedules, billing, website testing/QA
• Establish and manage timelines ensuring projects launch on-time and on-budget
• Create scope-of-work documents and estimates with team and coordinate client approvals
• Must have broad experience in multi-channel campaigns (Strong offline and online advertising experience a must)
• Spanish language and/or multilingual capabilities is a plus
• Experience in regulated industry categories a plus
This is an opportunity to grow your career with one of the best IMC agencies in the nation.
Please include a brief cover letter with examples of projects you've managed and a copy of your resume as a PDF or Word doc.
A Better Way to Work. A Better Way to Live. Celebrated as one of L.A.’s “Best Places to Work” for six years running. The only agency in L.A. in the top 15 on both the advertising and PR charts for 14 years. And 33 years as a truly integrated agency. Phelps threw out the old agency model years ago. Instead of “departments” competing with each other for our clients’ budgets, we’re organized in client-centric, self-managed teams thriving in a full-feedback environment where the best business-building ideas rule. Advertising, public relations, promotions specialists -- distributing our work via online and offline media -- all working together to collaborate, strategize and execute fully-integrated campaigns for socially responsible clients. It’s smarter. It’s powerful. It’s the edge we deliver.
We're always looking for talented people to join our team. People like us, who have a passion to do great work for deserving clients in a healthy working environment, to realize our clients' goals and our potentials. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to join our Bench.